Website Kingsbridge Retirement Community
The Environmental Services Manager, (ESM), has a true passion for working with seniors and making a difference in their lives. Responsible for directing and implementing maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services, the ESM is customer service driven and keen to create memorable experiences for our valued residents.
Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing maintenance and housekeeping services, including the surrounding grounds and parking areas
- Perform minor repairs to electrical, mechanical and plumbing equipment
- Ensure that proper maintenance contracts with outside service providers are current and appropriately maintained for service and quality
- Hire, train, schedule and evaluate staff
- Prepare and monitor the department budget
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external resources.
- Act as weekend manager on rotational basis, and on-call for emergency situations
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in building operations, and/or relevant trade qualification
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Strong planning, organizational and English communication skills (oral and written)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Skilled at basic plumbing, mechanical, electrical, minor painting and drywall repairs
- Knowledge of the Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety regulations, and building codes
- Proven computer skills
Application Deadline: March 28, 2019
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.