Canada's National Ballet School Sharing Dance Seniors 8 Week Program
About this event :
“Dance For Seniors” program that was developed by Baycrest and the National Ballet School of Canada. Signature Retirement has partnered with the National Ballet of Canada to deliver a dance program through live video streaming from their Toronto Dance Studio!
- A high quality, professionally led dance program
- Aims to support overall physical, emotional and social wellbeing through dance engagement
- Aims to build and develop skill and confidence in dance movement for older adults with varying levels of physical and cognitive abilities.
- High calibre of program content delivered by the National Ballet School dance experts.
Why Dance for Seniors?
Dance has so many benefits! Physical benefits of dancing in older adulthood may include (Keogh el al., 2009).
- Improved aerobic power
- Increased muscle endurance
- More strength
- Greater flexibility
- Improved Balance and Gait
- Increased bone-mineral content
- Muscle power
- Reduced risks of falls
- Reduced cardiovascular health risks
Commit to improving your strength and endurance, and reduce your risk of falls by attending this creative 8 week program with us!
We need your expression of interest in attending by January 18th as this is an exclusive offering to the residents of Kingsbridge Retirement Community first.
Class Dates as follows:
February 12, 19, 26, March 5, 12, 19,26, April 2nd.
Please call Taimi Post or Laura Kennedy to reserve your spot by January 18th – 613 583 2555.