Website Kingsbridge Retirement Community
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the food and beverage operations to meet the nutritional needs of our residents, with a fine dining approach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to menu-planning, budget and inventory control, hiring, training, evaluating and scheduling employees, liaison with external suppliers, and other duties as assigned.
- Customer focused approach to everyday practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with team members, managers, external providers and suppliers
- Adherence to Company, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Acts as weekend Manager on Duty, on a rotational schedule
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a two-year community college Food Service Supervisor course or equivalent, along with a Red Seal designation(mandatory)
- Skilled at large quantity food preparation with a focus on fresh ingredients
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to coach, engage and supervise employees
- Computer proficiency, budget control, and inventory management
- Sound knowledge of Retirement Homes Act, 2010, Public Health and Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Standing and walking for periods of more than 4 hours per day
- Bending, crouching, reaching on a frequent basis
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures
Application Deadline:April 19, 2019
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.