MAITRE’D – FULL TIME
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
Kingsbridge Retirement Community, located in Kingston, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Maitre’D will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional dining experience for our residents and their guests.
- Assigning, training, scheduling and coaching dining room
- Handling group reservations, resident questions and
- Acting as Server when necessary.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service”.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community
- Demonstrate sound organization skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision in a hectic and confidential environment.
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds; occasionally pull up to 50 lbs.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
WHO YOU ARE
- Completion of High School Diploma and/or experience in restaurant service and etiquette.
- Coaching and leadership skills.
- Safe Food Handling and Smart Serve Certificates an asset.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.