Kingsbridge Retirement Community
Kingsbridge Retirement, Kingston’s NEWEST Retirement Community, is actively seeking energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to join our growing team!
The Part Time Lifestyle Assistant has a true passion for working with seniors and making a difference in their lives.
Reporting to the Lifestyle Manager, the Lifestyle Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of lifestyle and recreational programs and activities for residents in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate activities and exercise programs.
- Assist in the planning of recreational activities relating to emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual and social needs.
- Encourage residents to participate and engage in programming.
- Strive to maintain a fun, friendly, inclusive and caring atmosphere.
- Drive the residence bus for outings.
- Effectively interact with multiple internal/external stakeholders, including the public, and manage stressful situations with empathy and respect.
- Understands and practices the principles of excellent customer service.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with people who my have physical disabilities or cognitive impairments.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education in recreation/leisure program at a College level of certification and/or previous related experience.
- Fitness Certification (e.g. Can-Fit Pro) preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid.
- Mandatory Requirement: Valid driver’s license (F) and Smart Serve
- Fit to lead exercise class, push wheelchairs, carry equipment and move basic furniture such as chairs.
- Able to handle stressful situations with empathy, demonstrate respect for others using tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds; push or pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.